Below are the top truck driving schools found in Memphis Tennessee. If you want to work as a trucker for a long term career it is essential to have the necessary skills to pass the driving exams. Many choose to attend a truck driving school because this one of the quickest ways in order to obtain the training required to qualify for a truck driver training license. Trucking schools give assistance in helping you get a license that will lead you in a good career.
When you take part of the training, you will be able to have classroom training for the examination. You will go behind the wheel and be able to drive bigger trucks with the best assistant from school who will be giving the guidance and the teachings regarding the driving techniques in the career field.
The area of Memphis consists of five schools offering a truck driving or the diesel technology education. The area’s cost of tuition is averaging to $11,018. Its scholarship award is averaging to $427. A lot of Memphis schools have small sizes for class and these include the M.S. Carriers Professional Driving Academy, the State Tech Center, and the Southwest Tennessee Community College.
Several schools in Memphis have various selections of programs. With its variety, you will be able to have customization on your education and will be able to have the training which you most importantly need. There are five diesel programs at Tennessee Technology Center ranging from four hundred thirty-two hours to two thousand and one hundred sixty hours. Some of the schools as well offer the drivers with the opportunity in earning the endorsements which the employers are looking for and among these include the school bus or passenger, hazmat, and the multiple trailers.
As a diesel mechanic or a truck driver, it is essential to have the comfort with the local highways such as the U.S. Route 72, U.S. Highway 61, and U.S. Highway 51.
Below are trucking schools in Memphis and what they offer:
– M.S. Carriers Professional Driving Academy – offers truck driving programs
– Southwest Tennessee Community College – offers truck driving programs
5983 Macon Cove
Memphis, TN 38134
– State Tech Center Truck Driver Training¬ – offers truck driving programs
– Tennessee Tech Center – offers truck driving programs
– Tennessee Technology Center at Memphis – offers diesel mechanic programs and truck driving programs; it is a small campus with urban setting; it offers $706 scholarship as well as financial aid awards
– Vatterott Career College – Memphis Appling Farms – offers diesel mechanic programs; it is a small campus having an urban setting; the cost of the tuition is $10,089; the scholarship and financial aid awards is about $147
6991 Appling Farms Pkwy
Memphis, TN 38133
The cost of the training is considered when selecting a truck driving school however it needs not to be the main consideration. It is important not to spend money that will only go to waste that is why it is vital to check why some schools vary with a price difference of about $500 to $1000. In this way, you will be able to gauge on how well the school has already established, what equipment they are using, and if they have the best instructors who will do the training.